11.07.2007

Such a Silly Goose!

Oh boy. Has the world of baby carriers changed since my son was born five years ago. Yes, yes, with him we fed into the Baby Bjorn frenzy, only to be left with a sore neck and shoulders. But it was the "best" on the market, so we figured it didn't get any better.

Were we wrong.

As my due date approached, I knew I needed to start researching a different carrier for the new babe. SURELY there was something new out there, or maybe the BB had gotten more comfortable? But then I came across TheBabyWearer.com, and my eyes were opened to a NEW world of baby carriers!

Long story short, I fell in love with mei tais (so versatile, without being complicated) but the first few I tried just weren't perfect for me, though well-loved by many. I finally realized what I needed was wider straps, and baby girl needed an adjustable bottom...she's a petite thing, and needed to ride legs-out (she was NOT having the whole froggying thing).

Luckily the leader of our local babywearing group had ordered a Silly Goose Baby mei tai and brought it to the monthly meeting (my first!). I put it on, put baby in, and sighed a happy sigh. My neck wasn't tense, shoulder weren't pulling...baby was weightless! And even better, it had an adjustable bottom so baby girl could have her legs out. She was a happy camper, and I was sold!

Heidi over at Silly Goose is the best (that's her in the picture below!). I sent her some fabric I was in love with to go with her awesome denim straps (that's my Hula Girls in the picture!). I received the carrier quickly, along with one of the best instruction booklets I've seen with a carrier.

The Silly Goose mei tai is a well-loved carrier in our babywearing arsenal. It's reversible, adjustable, comfy for both me and baby, works for newborns through toddlerhood (35 lbs. to be specific), and I can't recommend it enough. I've tried a few mei tais, and this is the only one in our stash right now. It's all I can do not to order another one.... And not only does Heidi choose great fabrics (or let you send in your own), but if you're lucky you'll catch one of her one-of-a-kind mei tais...how cute is that monkey?!


So head over to Silly Goose Baby and give your shoulders (and neck, and back, and...) a break. And look cute doing it, too!

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007