1.15.2008

Let's get personal-ized...

I had a lot of fun doing my Christmas shopping this year. My big goal this year was to think outside-of-the-box with my gift ideas, without going too far and giving things that were so wild that they immediately went to the regifting pile. My other goal was to spend some of my Christmas-shopping budget with WAHMs when possible!

One of those mamas was Christina of Bella Button Designs. I literally squealed outloud when I saw her Etsy shop, as I immediately saw gift-giving ideas for one of my best friends', both my sons' preschool teachers and a little something special for our tree (not to mention great items for future gift-giving opportunities)!

So first up is the Always Near Necklace! I think this is a wonderful gift for mamas and grandmamas alike. You can put a picture on both sides, or a picture on one side and a sentiment on the other. Plus the kiddos names on the stamped sterling-silver charms along with their birthstones (you can add more tags for more kiddos, or hey, put a family pic in and put all the fam's names!). This necklace was very well-received by my friend! A really beautiful keepsake.

Next up is the Personalized Soldered Glass Bookmark. Right when I saw these I thought they'd make really sweet, unique gifts for my sons' teachers (I mean, they have to be a bit weary of candles and candy, right?). You can put whatever your heart desires on either side of the pendant: picture, saying, name/s, etc. Christina has a ton of sayings on hand in case you need some ideas, and if you are buying this for a teacher, she not only has teacher-esque sayings handy, but a terrific variety of charms to go along with it as well (just ask!). We chose to go with sayings on one side, and a personal message from my son on the other. It came in a great little organza bag along with care instructions, and made for a really wonderful-looking gift (so wonderful, that I think I need one myself!).

The last item I'll admit, I bought for us. I just couldn't pass it up! The Soldered Glass Picture Ornaments are absolutely gorgeous, and such a neat way to commemorate the season. Again, you can have a picture on one or both sides, and if you choose just one photo you can put whatever words, names, saying or verse on the other that you'd like. Then on the small plaque that dangles below, your choice of words, dates, verses, etc. We went with the photo we used for our Christmas cards this year, then a sweet photo of our little ones on the back, and "Christmas 2007" on the small plaque. So precious, and now I'm going to have one done every year. And gifts! I'm thinking we'll surprise friends and family next holiday season with their pictures they sent from this year. Now that's out-of-the-box.

Bella Button Designs offers several personalized items, including jewelry for little ones, along with other wonderful pieces. And Christina is simply awesome to work with! If you're looking for unique, personalized gifts (or something special for your own family), Bella Button Designs is a must-stop and shop!

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007