4.09.2008

Spring cleaning...get your car in gear!

Ah, Spring cleaning. Makes me want to sing Laurie Berkner's song, 'Clean it Up!' (not really, but my son seems to be singing this a lot lately...). And while I always go on a bit of an organizing rampage after all of the various holidays have hit, my car really seems to be the one that takes a beating in the Winter.

I mean let's face it...keeping a clean car is almost impossible with kids, a husband, and all of their various STUFF. So one of my favorite finds EVER is the Car Litter Bag from Allyson Hill. After finding this mess-saver, I was a much more pleasant, much happier mama. No more napkins/tissues/straw sleeves strewn all over my floor mats and stuffed into cupholders. I swear it saved my marriage ;).

But let me tell you more about this awesome little invention (for it's not the mere 'trash bag' that you can get at your closest automotive aisle). Not only can you get your Car Little Bag in a wide variety of wonderful fabrics, but with the adjustable strap, you can put one (or more) of these little babies anywhere in your car! In fact, I'm quite certain the more of these in the car, the better. One for you on the gearshift, one hanging from the back of each headrest for the kids, and for you SUV/minivan mamas, definitely one in the back.

The hidden lining on the inside of the bag allows you to securely attach a plastic bag, with the bag tucked in nicely (no bag overhang...how classy!). Allyson sells biodegradable bags by the roll, and I've also found that plastic produce bags work great, as well as those powder-scented blue bags they make for stinky diapers...they're the perfect size!

You're sure to find a fabric you'll love, and there are even plenty of hubby-friendly prints (I MADE mine sit and look at the choices to make sure he'd put it in his car...so much nicer -read, cleaner- when I have to take his car for some reason).

Mamasigner : Allyson Hill :: allysonhill.etsy.com



Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007